Have you always felt like you were destined to own your own business?
Maybe you've always had an idea for a product and now you're in a position to take it to market?
Maybe you've always tinkered with things and are ready to pursue a patent for your unique doohickey?
If you're one of those people who love autonomy, pushing the boundaries of what you want to accomplish, setting your own schedule, if you love pitching ideas and presenting your thoughts, then you might be an entrepreneur.
Entrepreneurship is oftentimes the path most closely aligned with the mission of the Your Future: Make It Your Own (YF:MIYO) brand. After all, most entrepreneurs use their strengths, skills and abilities to find something they're interested and passionate about so that they can build a business and get paid for it.
Entrepreneurship can be a difficult path, but for those of you with the gumption, perseverance, and patience, it can also be a very rewarding endeavor.
Starting your own business is no longer just an option for the economically well-off. Today's marketplace has the most business-friendly climate and the barriers to launch a business are slim. And the statistics show that most entrepreneurs take a very non-traditional educational way to finding their path.
- 90% of new American billionaires are self-made.
- 15 million Americans are full-time self-employed.
- 62% of adults believe entrepreneurship is a good career.
- 55% of entrepreneurs say their biggest motivation for starting their own business was the idea of being their own boss.
- 30% of entrepreneurs only have a high school degree.
- Only 9% of entrepreneurs have a Bachelor’s Degree in business.
- 83.1% of US business owners started their companies.
- Business and food are the two most popular industries for entrepreneurs.
information c/o smallbizgenius.net